Saturday 8 February 2020


Days of Our Lives

Well we are through to the weekend, time to rest and work on our blog.  It has been a busy week so far.  It doesn't seem like we have been away for 16 months.  We have slotted straight back into our Vanuatu lifestyle.  I (Martyn) have found work at the PCV office helping Elder Meto in the finance department.  The 2017 Financial Accounts were signed off by the auditors last year, and I am working on the 2018 accounts and hope to get stuck into the 2019 accounts before I leave.

I laekem work here, the people are great to work with, friendly, helpful and we have good laughs at ourselves.  

Some photos of what I have seen.  The PCV Health Office is having a makeover.  The floor tiles are being replaced.

Bob and Dick were on the demolition gang breaking up the floor tiles. (Bob on the left)



Bob in action, note the safety clothing.  They did put on masks and goggles after I took this photo


The afternoon's work.  I had been sitting in my office before I went to see them and I was wondering what all the loud tapping was about.



Friday we went to see Tony Benjiman, our friend and landlord from our pervious visits to Vanuatu.

Michaela, Tony, Mahana and Chris.  Mary (Tony's wife) is in New Zealand studying for her masters at Canterbury University)


Tony had built this nakamal in the courtyard,


When we left in 2018, Tony was adding a second storey to the building opposite our flat,  here are some shots from inside.  The building will be used for short term stay, there are 5 individual bedrooms with a communual living area and bathroon facilities






On Monday I (Martyn) will fly to Santo to visit Brian and Ally MacKay who are working at Talua Bible College teaching English. I will be back on Tuesday to continue my work with the finance.



No comments:

Post a Comment