Thursday 20 July 2017

Super-Exciting News!
I found out yesterday (Annette this is) that I am going on mission with the National Oral Health Survey up to the northern province of Vanuatu, Torba, on the yacht Chimere in September! I'm so excited about this trip!
Today I got to go on board the Chimere in Port Vila harbour before she sails tomorrow on Mission 2. She has already completed Mission 1 down to the southern islands in Tafea Province including Tanna and Erromango. Missions 2 and 3 are around the middle cluster of islands, and the last one goes almost to the top. 
Excuse the terrible photos but I was bobbing around in a dinghy!
This is from L to R: Dr David Goldsmith, retired dentist who I will be working with for the next 2 weeks on the survey; Mark, one of the sailors for Mission 2; Charlotte, Dr David's granddaughter; Deb Allen, volunteer worker with PCV Health; all from Australia.





Details about the Chimere and the medical missions she is used for in Vanuatu can be found at the Medical Sailing Ministries website msm.org.au 

No comments:

Post a Comment