Tuesday 16 May 2017

Back to Work on Monday!
After a lovely restful Mothers' Day it was back into it for both Gloria and me.
Gloria was up at 4am for a flight up to Malekula Island for dental outreach. I was off to Onesua at the opposite side of our island Efate for a workshop on curriculum writing with some of the teaching staff.
The presenter Jerrol was from the Ministry of Education and Training. I had already met him and he is a good presenter. He spoke mostly in Bislama, but because he was speaking fairly slowly and using lots of English terms, I understood most of it. All the power point slides were in English too, and a lot of the content was much the same as I was dealing with at Wintec.

I travelled up and back with Neville who was taking a work gang up to replace ruined ceiling panels in the science labs. They worked all day and finally stopped once it got dark. The road had lots of potholes and rough patches, so although it roughly 70km from Vila, it takes about an hour whichever way around the island you go. I found out it takes even longer in the dark by the time you slow down for people walking along the roadside (almost no reflective gear here), and there's often a dog to dodge and occasionally a pig. It was a long day. Martyn had a tasty but rather frizzled dinner waiting when I got home. He had had a long day at the office too.

See jonesmissionvanuatu.blogspot.com for more detail of Neville and Gloria's happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment