Tuesday 3 October 2017



Medical Sailing Ministries Mission 4 Concluded
 2 October 2017.

Monday morning I woke up knowing I had one more sleep until I would see Annette.  I had the welcome home planned for Tuesday, so had time to finish off one or two things before she arrived home.  
I went through my mental checklist.  Floor swept and washed √, bathroom towels washed √. Outside of flat tidy √, curtains washed √, Grocery shopping completed √, wash up dishes  √, cat put outside oh thats right we do not have a cat, Annette's TV programmes down loaded ready to watch √, special welcome home chocolates and card √, special New Zealand ice cream √.  I looked around on Monday night, thinking one more sleep. Tomorrow I will get some flowers and wash the bedding. And check if I can use the PCV Ford Ranger to collect Annette from the Yacht Club. I had dinner and sat down to watch a documentary on George Harrison, and then wash the dinner dishes. 

THEN I get a message at 7.15 pm from Annette saying that they had arrived in port , and Robert (the Chimeres captain was going to bring Annette and the co-owner of the Chimere ashore). So final preparations for welcome home went out the door, mad dash to wash the dinner dishes. Check I could get the PCV Ford Ranger, fortunately Neville had the truck at his place and said I could have it to collect Annette. So down to the wharf I headed.  We don't have a picture of our initial welcome home hug at the yacht club, probably our three daughters would not approve if we published a picture of our first moment together, but here is one when we got back to the flat.







No comments:

Post a Comment