Monday 27 March 2017

 I have made a small start on doing some actual QS work over the lasts 2 weeks. The project above is a small hostel and training centre which the Presbyterian Women's Mission Union have been fundraising for for 8 years! So far I have only been able to identify essential info missing from the plans drawn by a local man with unknown level of training, but this week I must make a start on doing at least approx quantities for them so they can get an idea of the material costs.
The second project is a new office building for the Presbyterian Church. It is an ambitious project, 4 storeys on a cliff-side site overlooking the harbour. Once again, they want me to measure quantities so they can get a materials quotation. This one will probably be built in stages, as money becomes available.

1 comment:

  1. Looks interesting. I hope you manage to make sense of the incomplete drawing...

    ReplyDelete